Monday, November 9, 2009

Multiple line comments and designs

Have you ever wondered how do people make fancy design around comments like

/**************************/
/* Different all twisty a */
/* of in maze are you, */
/* passages little. */
/**************************/


or like
__ _,--="=--,_ __
/ \." .-. "./ \
/ ,/ _ : : _ \/` \
\ `| /o\ :_: /o\ |\__/
`-'| :="~` _ `~"=: |
\` (_) `/
.-"-. \ | / .-"-.
.---{ }--| /,.-'-.,\ |--{ }---.
) (_)_)_) \_/`~-===-~`\_/ (_(_(_) (
( qwe )
) asd (
( zxc )
) (
'---------------------------------------'


I even tried creating a one in one of my files. Then I had to change my message and my design was screwed.

Today in casual browsing I found this and all questions which have been there for years were solved.

All you need to do is
1. yum/apt-get install boxes

2. Open vim select the text you want inside the box in visual mode.

3. Type : (Prompt will be :'<,'>)
4. And then type !boxes (Prompt will be :'<,'>!boxes)

And you will have nice designed comments.

If you want to undo boxes, select the whole box using visual mode(only box,not starting of next line), and say !boxes -r

No comments:

Post a Comment