Wake on by USB devices on Linux mint 17

I am back after a looooooong time... after my firm started supporting RDP from Linux again. I tried Linux mint 17 on my old laptop and attached external Samsung monitor to it. I stopped using monitor of laptop completely. So wanted laptop to go to sleep and wake up without actual power buttons on it.

I realized that Linux mint doesn't support wake on USB mouse / keyboard out of the box. so I created following file and it started supporting wake on USB devices again.


[01:35:11 harsshal@dell:~]$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/90-keyboardwakeup.rules #idVendor and idProduct taken from 'lsusb' SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0461", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4d15" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="413c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2002" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="413c", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1002" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

PS: When I rebooted machine, for some reason, my idProduct was changed. So if these don't work after reboot, make sure numbers are correct using "lsusb" again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Citrix receiver on linux version LUbuntu

Installing 64 bit adobe in firefox