Multiple line comments and designs
Have you ever wondered how do people make fancy design around comments like
or like
I even tried creating a one in one of my files. Then I had to change my message and my design was screwed.
Today in casual browsing I found this and all questions which have been there for years were solved.
All you need to do is
1.
2. Open vim select the text you want inside the box in visual mode.
3. Type : (Prompt will be :'<,'>)
4. And then type !boxes (Prompt will be :'<,'>!boxes)
And you will have nice designed comments.
If you want to undo boxes, select the whole box using visual mode(only box,not starting of next line), and say !boxes -r
/**************************/
/* Different all twisty a */
/* of in maze are you, */
/* passages little. */
/**************************/
or like
__ _,--="=--,_ __
/ \." .-. "./ \
/ ,/ _ : : _ \/` \
\ `| /o\ :_: /o\ |\__/
`-'| :="~` _ `~"=: |
\` (_) `/
.-"-. \ | / .-"-.
.---{ }--| /,.-'-.,\ |--{ }---.
) (_)_)_) \_/`~-===-~`\_/ (_(_(_) (
( qwe )
) asd (
( zxc )
) (
'---------------------------------------'I even tried creating a one in one of my files. Then I had to change my message and my design was screwed.
Today in casual browsing I found this and all questions which have been there for years were solved.
All you need to do is
1.
yum/apt-get install boxes2. Open vim select the text you want inside the box in visual mode.
3. Type : (Prompt will be :'<,'>)
4. And then type !boxes (Prompt will be :'<,'>!boxes)
And you will have nice designed comments.
If you want to undo boxes, select the whole box using visual mode(only box,not starting of next line), and say !boxes -r
Comments
Post a Comment